My colleague, Jennelle Crothers, and I got a chance to chat about the usability and ease of use in this episode of Windows 10 series in TechNet Radio. She’s great and we had much fun doing it. Jennelle did a quick demo on how to make Windows 10 even easier to use.
In part 5 of our “Modernizing Your Infrastructure with Hybrid Cloud” series, Keith Mayer and I got a chance to discuss and demonstrate ways to manage and automate a hybrid cloud environment. System Center, Microsoft Azure and Windows Azure Pack combined with PowerShell are great solutions for hybrid cloud scenarios. Keith is a great guy and we always have much fun working together.
- [1:15] When architecting a Hybrid Cloud infrastructure, what are some of the important considerations relating to management and automation?
- [4:09] You mentioned PowerShell for automation … how can PowerShell be leveraged for automation in a Hybrid Cloud?
- [7:54] Is PowerShell my ONLY choice? Are there other automation and configuration management solutions available for a Hybrid Cloud?
- [11:12] DEMO: Let’s see some of this in action
- Brief tour of System Center and Azure / Azure Pack management portal interfaces
- Getting started with PowerShell for Azure, Azure Pack automation
- Intro to PowerShell DSC for configuration management
- Intro to Azure Automation for automated runbooks
Picking up where we last left off, Yung Chou and Keith Mayer continue our Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud series as they welcome Andrew Weiss from Microsoft Consulting Services as they show us how we can manage Docker containers using PowerShell DSC.
- DockerClientDSC – Download from GitHub
- Read the article: Configuring Docker with PowerShell DSC
- Microsoft Virtual Academy Training: DevOps for IT Pros
- Accelerating DevOps with the Cloud using Microsoft Azure
- Yung Chou’s TechNet Radio Show, Virtually Speaking…
In part 9 of our “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud” series on TechNet Radio, Keith Mayer and Yung Chou are back and this episode they discuss in depth the ability for DevOps organizations to scale up or scale down cloud applications. Tune in as they discuss Azure’s unique flexibility in terms of capacity planning for cloud applications.
- [1:07] How is planning for application capacity different when using a cloud platform?
- [4:50] How is scaling application capacity different or better when using the cloud?
- [5:52] Are there application scenarios that are particularly well-suited for scaling in the cloud?
- [14:01] Is there a way to trigger scaling operations automatically for applications in the cloud?
- [15:20] DEMO: Could you show us the basics of how this all works in Azure?
- Scaling Up Cloud Applications
- How to Scale Out Cloud applications on a schedule
- Auto-Scaling Cloud Applications
Websites & Blogs:
- Yung Chou’s Blog
- Keith Mayer’s Blog
- Follow the series! “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud”
- Cloud Solutions Hub
- Building Clouds blog
- (Part 1) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud – What is “DevOps” and Why is it Important for IT Pros?
- (Part 2) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud – How Does Microsoft Azure and the Cloud align with DevOps?
- (Part 3) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud – Enabling Self-Service On-Demand Developer Environments in the Cloud
- (Part 4) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud – Source Control in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure & Visual Studio Online
- (Part 5) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud – Testing in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure and Visual Studio Online
- (Part 6) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud – Automating for Predictability
- (Part 7) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud – Configuration Management
- (Part 8) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud – Rollback Plan? What rollback plan?