In part 5 of our “Modernizing Your Infrastructure with Hybrid Cloud” series, Keith Mayer and I got a chance to discuss and demonstrate ways to manage and automate a hybrid cloud environment. System Center, Microsoft Azure and Windows Azure Pack combined with PowerShell are great solutions for hybrid cloud scenarios. Keith is a great guy and we always have much fun working together.
- [1:15] When architecting a Hybrid Cloud infrastructure, what are some of the important considerations relating to management and automation?
- [4:09] You mentioned PowerShell for automation … how can PowerShell be leveraged for automation in a Hybrid Cloud?
- [7:54] Is PowerShell my ONLY choice? Are there other automation and configuration management solutions available for a Hybrid Cloud?
- [11:12] DEMO: Let’s see some of this in action
- Brief tour of System Center and Azure / Azure Pack management portal interfaces
- Getting started with PowerShell for Azure, Azure Pack automation
- Intro to PowerShell DSC for configuration management
- Intro to Azure Automation for automated runbooks